PPC Interview Questions and Answers 2019
Paid Marketing is one of the crucial marketing strategies in Digital Marketing. To implement Paid Marketing strategy in Google Ads, one must have an in-depth understanding of the theoretical and practical implementation using the interface. Pay Per Click (PPC) is the crucial marketing strategy to target audience looking for our product/service on the search network.
Updated: Feb 25, 2019
- What is PPC marketing?
- PPC means Pay Per Click. It’s a marketing strategy to drive traffic to our website via search engines and partner sites. Advertiser will only pay if he receives the visit click on his ads.
- What is meant by Campaign Management?
- Campaign management is a process of creating and managing an advertising campaign for a company on Google Ads. In this, we have to divide the campaign based on AdGroups and select relevant keywords for each adgroups. Manage the ad formats and bidding for keywords etc. Campaign manager overall responsibility is to manage the campaign and provide a Positive ROI
- What is the difference between direct marketing and branding?
- In a direct marketing campaign, the advertiser is interested to target the audience who are most relevant to the business. The major metric to consider in this type is the conversion rate, which explains about ROI. Most common campaign types are Search Network Only, Shopping Campaigns, Dynamic Search Ads etc.
- In Branding campaign, an advertiser needs the exposure of his brand on major sites and applications. The most popular methods are Display Ads, Remarketing, Youtube Ads and custom ads target.
- Which settings cannot be changed after the Ads account is created?
- Time Zone and Currency cannot be changed after account creation.
- What is Google Ads Double Serving policy?
- It means that an advertiser cannot advertise for same keywords/websites from multiple accounts. The purpose of this policy is to avoid showing ads of same companies or companies with common ownership. So the users can see the ads from different providers. Read more about this here
- What do understand by Quality Score?
- Quality Score is a metric which is calculated for each keyword between 1 to 10. The QS defines the quality of keyword compared with Ads and Landing Page. This metric is used to calculate the AdRank, which is used to calculate the ad position.
- What is the impact of the Quality score on CPC and Ad Position?
- Quality Score is inversely proportional to CPC and Directly proportional to Ad Position. That means higher QS means lower cost and higher position.
- What is Actual CPC?
- The actual cost of a click for an advertiser in an auction. The actual CPC is calculated in real-time and we cannot know the Actual CPC, but we can see Avg. CPC.
- Actual CPC = (AdRank to Beat/QS)+$0.01
- What Kind of Quality Score can you achieve for keywords?
- In my past campaigns, I achieved the QS of 7 – 10. I can improve the quality score by using optimization techniques in the campaign.
- What are the Factors which affect Quality Score?
- Quality Score depends on the following metrics
- CTR of the Keyword
- The relevance of Keywords and Ads
- Landing Page Quality
- Historic Account Data
- How can you Improve Conversion Rates?
- By creating ads which match perfectly with keywords and creating tightly themed ad groups so we can get targeted users to the best landing page. Also by improving the Landing Page quality, we can improve the conversions.
- Is PPC Advertisement effect ranking of websites on search engines?
- Never, Search Engine doesn’t mix them. Google and other search engines rank both organic and PPC results separately
- Can you tell me a limit of the character used for PPC Ads?
- Expanded Text Ads its 30 Characters – Headline 1 and 30 Characters for Headline 2 and 80 Characters in Description.
- Standard Ads has the limitation of maximum 25 for the headline and 70 for description 1 and 2 combined.
- What is Invalid Click and How Google determines the invalid clicks
- Invalid clicks are the fake clicks, unintentional and malicious software clicks. Google has a sophisticated mechanism and algorithms to automatically detect and filter the invalid clicks from the user account. Invalid clicks in Ads
- What are PLA Ads?
- PLA stands for product listing ads. This ad strategy is used to advertise products ads on Google search and partners. This campaign is also called as Shopping campaign mostly used by E-commerce websites.
- What is meant by Converted Clicks?
- Converted click is a metric which tracks the total no of clicks which resulted in conversions. This metric is deprecated by Google.
- What is Remarketing Audience and how to generate this list?
- Remarketing audience are the users who visited our website. Using Google Remarketing tag in our website, we can add the users as our audience list.
- When will be CPV charged for an in-stream ad for a video of 60 secs length?
- If the user watches 30 secs of the video. CPV will be charged in the account.
- What is meant by Search Terms?
- Search Terms are exact keywords for which your ads were triggered.
- What is meant by Price Extensions?
- Price extensions is a new format of extension, to display the price of the relevant products.
- What is Affiliate Locations Extensions?
- This location extension is useful for brands to display the names of retail stores where the product is available offline.
Updated Names of DoubleClick Products
1. AdMob by Google is Google AdMob
2. Ads is Google Ads
3. DoubleClick for Publishers is Google Ad Manager 360*
4. DoubleClick Ad Exchange (Standalone AdX Seller UI**) isGoogle Ad Manager 360*
5. DoubleClick Ad Exchange (Buy-side UI) is Authorized Buyers***
6. DoubleClick for Publishers Small Business is Google Ad Manager
7. DoubleClick Bid Manager is Google Display & Video 360*
8. DoubleClick Campaign Manager is Campaign Manager
9. DoubleClick Studio is Studio
Content Not Relevant due to updates from Google
What is DFA? Double Click for Advertisers. DFA is an ad server which is used to track impressions and clicks for your creatives on various networks. You can’t buy inventory through DFA. You can only track the performance of your campaigns. Main functions of DFA is ad trafficking and reporting.
What is DFP? DFP stands for Double Click for Publishers. If the publisher prefers to manage themselves the ads which will be broadcasted on their websites, they use DFP. For example most of the public sites like way2sms.com, w3schools.com etc use DFP for ads.
What is DBM? DBM (DoubleClick Bid Manager) is a demand-side platform (DSP) from Google. This helps in buying display media ads using programmatic strategy.
What is Ad Trafficking? Ad trafficking is a process of setting up an ad campaign from a technical aspect. Which means Setting up the campaign, tracking links, the creatives etc… It is usually performed using an ad server or an advertising platform. For example, Ad Trafficking is used in DFA/DFP.
Do you think DFA is an ad exchange? No DFA is a not an ad exchange. The purpose of DFA is to track and analyze the impressions/clicks received on the ad creatives.
What is Click Tag? Click tags are used to track the number of clicks on the link from different sources.
What is Google Publisher Tags? GPT is an ad tagging library to dynamically build ad requests. GPT takes key details from you such as ad unit code, ad size, and key-values, builds the request, and displays the ad on web pages or mobile apps. It is used for tracking purpose.