QuickTest Professional (QTP) is a software testing tool from Micro Focus. It provides functionality to record and replay user interactions with the application under test.
Software applications can be automated with the help of Unified Functional Testing (UFT), which stands for “unified functional testing.” It offers a graphical user interface allowing testers to record and play test scripts without learning scripting languages.
The following is a comprehensive online training course on QTP/UFT that covers all aspects of using QTP/UFT for test automation, from installation to advanced features.
Importance of QTP/UFT Course
As the software testing industry evolves, so do the tools and techniques used to carry out various testing activities. QuickTest Professional (QTP) is one such tool, now known as Unified Functional Testing (UFT). Software testers are increasingly using this tool to automate web-based application testing.
However, it may be difficult to master its use. You should take a training course on QTP/UFT that is available online if you want to learn all there is to know about it.
Here are some benefits of taking an online QTP/UFT training course:
- You’ll learn how to use the tool properly: One of the main benefits of taking an online QTP/UFT training course is receiving step-by-step instructions on how to use the tool properly. With this type of guidance, it would be easier to make mistakes when using the tool, which could lead to accurate test results.
- In the long term, you’ll save time by doing this. Learning a new tool takes time, but the time savings it provides more than makeup for the effort. Once you know how to use QTP/UFT effectively, you’ll be able to carry out your testing tasks much faster than if you were using manual methods. This will free up more time for other tasks, such as creating detailed reports or investigating defects.
- You will improve your test accuracy: When you use manual testing methods, there’s always the potential for human error. This can lead to inaccurate test results, which can, in turn, impact the quality of the software being tested. Automating your tests with QTP/UFT can help to eliminate this risk and improve the overall accuracy of your tests.
- You’ll be able to scale up your testing efforts: If you’re working on a large project with many different testing requirements, manual testing can soon become very time-consuming and expensive. By automating your tests with QTP/UFT, you’ll be able to scale up your testing efforts without having to increase your budget or staffing levels. This will allow you to carry out more comprehensive testing without compromising quality.
- You’ll be in demand: As QTP/UFT becomes increasingly popular within the software testing industry, demand for skilled professionals who know how to use the tools is also increasing. Online QTP/UFT training will make you more appealing to potential employers, making it more likely that you will get your dream job.
Objectives and Purpose of the QTP Course
As one of the most popular test automation tools on the market, QuickTest Professional (QTP) is widely used in many organizations. QTP can be used without training, but students who invest time learning the program’s ins and outs typically find that they are more successful.
A QTP course should provide students with a solid understanding of creating and maintaining test scripts, using multiple types of objects, using data tables and parameterization, and handling checkpoints and output values. The course should also give students hands-on experience with QTP by giving them projects or case studies to work on.
Some specific topics that could be covered in a QTP course include the following:
- Overview of QTP architecture and features
- Record and replay functionality
- Object identification
- Working with different object types
- Data tables and parameterization
- Checkpoints and output values
- Creating custom functions
- Scripting best practices
The purpose of a QTP course is to help students learn how to use the tool effectively for test automation. When this course is over, students should be able to make and update test scripts, work with different kinds of objects, use data tables and parameterization, and deal with checkpoints and output values. Additionally, they should have practical experience using QTP on projects or case studies.
QTP courses can help you maximize the tool’s potential and get the most out of it. The course can also serve as a springboard for further learning and exploration.
How does QTP/UFT work?
QTP, or QuickTest Professional, is a test automation tool developed by Hewlett Packard. It is used for functional and regression testing of software applications. UFT, or “Unified Functional Testing,” is the new version of QTP, released in 2011.
UFT finds objects in an application and then makes actions that can be done on those objects. These actions are written down as scripts, which can then be used to test how well the app works. UFT also has features that make creating and maintaining tests easier, such as an object repository and an object identification center.
One of the benefits of using UFT is that it can be used to test applications written in a variety of programming languages, including Java,.NET, and Visual Basic. It can also test applications developed for several platforms, such as Windows, the Web, and mobile devices.
Advantages of QTP/UFT
- QTP/UFT is a robust program that can facilitate test automation.
- QTP/UFT can help you improve the quality of your software products.
- QTP/UFT can save you time and money by automating your testing process.
- QTP/UFT is an excellent tool for software testing due to its intuitive interface and wide range of available functionalities.
- QTP/UFT is an efficient method for testing software in various environments.
- QTP has several features that make it suitable for regression testing, such as finding objects and playback tests. These features help ensure that tests are accurately performed, and potential software issues are identified quickly.
- With QTP/UFT, you will be able to create automated test scripts for a wide variety of applications and software platforms. This can save your company substantial time and money in the long run.
- One of the best things about learning QTP/UFT is that it is an in-demand skill set and can lead to a higher salary.
Scope of QTP/UFT
Unified Functional Testing (UFT), which used to be called Quick Test Professional (QTP), is an automated functional testing tool. It is used for regression and functional testing of software applications. A test engineer can use it to record and play back what a user does in a web or desktop app. The UFT/QTP automation tool can also be used for business process testing, distributed environment testing, sharing test assets, enhanced reporting, etcetera.
UFT can test various applications, including web,.NET, Java, SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Delphi. While it does have some capabilities for performance and load testing, these features are less robust than those of other specialized tools on the market and are typically only used for quick and dirty tests.
Anyone looking to learn about QTP/UFT can take this course. You don’t need to have used the software before to be eligible. Though the course is self-paced and can be finished in as little as four weeks, we recommend setting aside at least eight.
Who can take this course?
This course is designed for software testing professionals looking to learn how to use QTP/UFT for their testing projects. The course covers all the basics of using the tool, from installation to creating and running your first test.
What do webtrainings have to offer for QTP/UFT training courses?
A Selenium tester must possess the following abilities:
Web Trainings offers an online QTP/UFT training course that is comprehensive and covers all the topics related to using this software for testing purposes. Instructors have extensive knowledge of this software and teaching experience in testing, so students are in good hands. During the course, you will be led step-by-step through each topic. This will give you the knowledge and skills you need to use QTP/UFT confidently.
You will learn about the critical features of QTP/UFT and how to use them effectively for your test automation projects. The course includes real-world examples and hands-on exercises to help you get started quickly.
The following skills will be acquired by the end of this course:
- Install and configure QTP/UFT
- Record and playback tests
- Use object repository and object identification techniques
- Handle dynamic objects and application environment changes
- Create data-driven tests
- Use checkpoints and output values
- Parameterize tests
- Use the Recovery System
- Agree upon successful completion criteria before starting the test run
- Configure logs to monitor the test run
- Post-run activities – report generation