Digital Marketing Scope in Canada
Canada is the most preferred country for immigrate or offshore jobs. The Canadian government has been very supportive to citizens of it and to make Canada a dream immigration destination. Canada has various job opportunities in all the stream of an industry. With hard work and the technical knowledge of the work profile, you will reach your goal.
Digital Marketing Job Opportunities in Canada
Marketing profession has significant growth in Canada. Specifically, digital marketing has grown rapidly in Canada. Internet penetration is about 90%, which is very high. Because of this it’s essential for every business to reach their target audience via the internet. Look at some stats related to Canada internet usage. As per 2017 stats, Canada has 33 Million Internet users which have grown over the period of 2018.
In comparison to other industry, digital marketing is entirely booming up now in Canada job market. As per the job opportunities portal in Canada, it has excellent work opening in all the major cities of Canada. As per the market demand, digital marketing has become an essential part of every marketing team of the company from any domain. Now not only specialized digital marketing agency but companies from other domains are having their digital marketing team to manage their companies digital marketing projects.
No of Digital Marketing Job Listings in Top Canada Portals
|Portal||Digital Marketing||Online Marketing||SEO||Social Media|
|Indeed||5282 Jobs (Link)||4871 Jobs||1631 Jobs||8197 Jobs|
|Workopolis||4922 Jobs (Link)||4608 Jobs||1550 Jobs||7626 Jobs|
|Monster||727 Jobs (Link)||619 Jobs||137 Jobs||1197 Jobs|
|4000+ Jobs (Link)||2000+ Jobs||282 Jobs||7000+ Jobs|
The most popular and in-demand job title is Social Media Marketing and its related job roles.
Digital Marketing Average Pay Scale in Canada
As per the trusted job portals – Glassdoor and Indeed, average pay scale is between CAD $53,2577 to CAD $68,000 that is 12% pay scale of the national average or C$11-C$12 per hourly. Salary gets varied as per the job profile, experience, and education. Highest paying services associated with it are a digital marketing manager, SEO specialist, and SMM.
Job Types in Digital Marketing
Most of the companies hire digital marketing professionals on a full-time basis. Most of the students or fresh graduates in final semester are hired on an internship basis by companies, as many colleges have an internship as mandatory in the college curriculum.
Below are the list of popular job types
Cites with job opportunities in Canada:
Digital marketing has great career opportunities in the famous cities of Canada like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Mississauga, Calgary. As most of the businesses are located in bigger cities, so you will have many career opportunities in big cities.
Job Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Professional
Digital marketing work responsibilities depend on the job role and type of campaign you work. But as per the market requirements, some of the day to day job tasks of digital marketing are as follows:
- Performing business analysis and understanding client requirements
- Performing competitive research
- Developing digital marketing strategies as per client objectives
- Creating a content strategy as per client objectives
- Analyze the online market to evaluate and identify critical digital marketing opportunities
- Creating SEO strategies for clients
- Implementing On-page and Off-page activities in SEO
- Creating social media presence for the project
- Designing a social media content strategy and update social media pages.
- Creating and executing email marketing campaigns
- Generating Leads for clients
- Staying up to date with the current market trends
Canada visa for immigration
The Canadian government has a various category in visa application in which Canada Permanent Resident Visa is the best option to opt to work and get settled in Canada. Canada PR is a person who is not national of Canada but has permission to live and work as an employee or invest in their own business in a period of Canada PR visa. Any employer can hire you without any work permit required by the government.
Please check these links for more details about various categories of visa for Canada.
Required skills and Certifications in digital marketing
For Digital marketing job you need to have the following:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communication or advertising or designing or business any related to them.
- Add-on benefit of having a postgraduate degree or diploma or certification in marketing
- As per the market trend, the right knowledge and experience of new software and analytics tool will be expected.
- Marketing expertise – SEO, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing
- Analytics skills – Google Analytics
- Valuable Certifications which are preferred by employers
- Google Ads Certification
- Facebook Blue Print Certification
- Hubspot Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
Must have General Skills
- Good Communication skills in English.
- It will be beneficial if you have good knowledge of the French language.
- Project management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good content writing skills
Please also check: Scope of Digital Marketing in India
Join our Advanced Digital Marketing Course & Start your Career in Canada
It will be beneficial to do our advanced digital marketing course which is available online and in-class training as per your convenience to get the trending digital market knowledge, for the successful career in the digital marketing industry.