Being an era of digitalisation, digital marketing is the booming industry full of opportunities. Digital marketing job is categorised as per the specialisation in the field. Not only specific marketing agency but private companies are also hiring digital marketing specialist to stay updated for search engine results. As every industry is facing fierce competition in their particular field, digital marketing is playing a pivotal role in their marketing strategies.
Digital Job opportunities in Australia
Australia is a real growth market for digital marketing. They have less digital marketing talent locally due to which 30% of digital marketing talent are expats. As digital extends into all areas of our lives, every tweet, post, blog article and video has become a potential customer touch point. Digital marketing strategist with an understanding of consumer behaviour has excellent potential.
Digital Marketing Jobs in Australia on famous job portals
|Job Portal||Digital marketing||Online marketing||SEO||Social Media|
In marketing the following specialisation has seen a rapid growth:
- SEO AND SEM specialist
- Data analytics
- Programmatic advertising
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing strategist
Digital marketing pay scale in Australia
As per trusted source of indeed and glassdoor job portal, average pay scale starting is AUD $75K. It gets varied as per the job profile and experience along with the city. Australia has excellent opportunities for freelance too.
Australian cities with job opportunities
Digital marketing has excellent opportunities in the various cities of Australia, some important one are
Job Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Professional
A digital marketing job responsibility depends on the job profile and type of campaign you work. But as per the market requirements, some day to day job tasks of digital marketing are as follows:
- Performing business analysis
- Understanding client requirements
- Conducting competitive research
- Developing digital marketing strategies as per client objectives
- Creating a content strategy as per client objectives
- Analyse the online market to evaluate and identify critical digital marketing opportunities
- Creating SEO strategies for clients
- Implementing On-page and Off-page activities in SEO
- Building social media presence for the project
- Designing a social media content strategy and update social media pages.
- Creating and executing email marketing campaigns
- Generating Leads for clients
- Staying up to date with the current market trend
Other Personality Skills required:
- Project management
- Communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
Australian visa and immigration
Visa application for Australia is point wise like any other countries. IELTS or TOFEL exams are compulsory which ensures the command of yours on the English language. The preferred visa to be applied
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa: You can directly apply for this visa by submitting EOI (Expression of Interest) in Skilled Select online system of Australia. It comes under non sponsored visa.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 Visa: It comes under state sponsored visa category. The temporary visa that allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years. It can be renewed further, or one can apply for a permanent residence visa. Most of the companies prefer a temporary visa as it is convenient to apply in comparison to the process of other visas.
After receiving the invitation to apply for a visa, apply for the same within 60 days.
Requirement for digital marketing professional in Australia
- Bachelor degree or masters in marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Project execution
- Time management skill
- Industry recognised certificates or diplomas from recognised institutions.
- As per the market trend, the right knowledge and experience of new software and analytics tool are mandatory.
- Industry certification in SEO, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Blueprint, and HubSpot certification
Web Training Academy offers advance digital marketing course which is updated as per industry trends. You can avail the classroom or online video classes to get your professional profile update as per the job market. It will help you to grab the best opportunity in the Australian industry.