List of Best Degree Colleges in Hyderabad
Tired of searching for the best degree college in Hyderabad to join? Don’t worry, we are here to help you in this search of yours. We have made a list of top ten degree colleges in Hyderabad. In terms of diversity, economy, and infrastructure, Hyderabad is one of the best educational hubs in India. Many reputed colleges are available in Hyderabad. There is good infrastructure, modem classrooms along with very good facilities and experienced faculty in these colleges.
We have aggregated data of Top 10 Degree Colleges in Hyderabad with addresses, phone numbers, websites and email ids etc for each college. We also have main courses offered by these colleges in the list.
1) Osmania University
This is a public state University. It was established in 1918 by Mir Osman Ali Khan who happens to be the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad and was named after him only. While being the third oldest University in southern India, it is the first one in Hyderabad. Also, it was the first university of India to have the Urdu language as a medium of instruction. This university happens to be a confederation of university colleges, constituent colleges, and affiliated colleges. The colleges and the departments they house are as below.
Departments & Courses
- College of Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Commerce and Business Management
- College of Law
- College of Science
- College of Technology
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education
- 9th Prime Minister of India P. V. Narasimha Rao
- 16th and last Chief Minister of united Andhra Pradesh Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy
- Current CEO Adobe systems Shantanu Narayen
- Senior advocate Subodh Markandeya
- Indian Cricket team captain Mohammed Azharuddin
- Cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle
- Novelist Venkatesh Kulkarni
- PDSU founder George Reddy
- Former Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil
- Yaga Venugopal Reddy
- Chemist Garikapati Narahari Sastry
- Patcha Ramachandra Rao
- Physicist Raizuddin Siddiqui
Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
Phone: 040 2768 2444
2) Nizam College
This was established in 1887 by the Hyderabad school and Madarasa-i-Aliya amalgamation. For about 60 years after its inception, this was affiliated to the University of Madras. Later, it was made a constituent college of Osmania University on 19th February 1947. This college was accredited by NAAC in 2012 with grade “A” having a CGPA of 3.19. Various departments that are available at this college are,
- Department of Arts
- Department of Commerce
- Department of science
- Department of Social science
- Department of Informatics
- Department of Management
- Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Asaduddin Owaisi
- K.T. Rama Rao
- Aadarsh Balakrishna
- Babu Gogineni
Opp, LB Stadium Rd, Gun Foundry, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana 500001
E-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
3) Indian Institute of Management and Commerce
This college was established in 1973 by social workers and philanthropists and Educationalists like Sri Kothuru Seethaiah Gupta, Sri Challa Som Raj Ram, Sri C.E. Gupta, Sri Dundoo Balanarasaiah, Sri Narayana Chetty IAS(Retd.), Late Sri Veloor Lingaiah Gupta.
This college has a computer lab that has an LCD projector. Lab also has Pentium Core II Duo & Dual-Core computers that also have networking facility along with the availability of 100 Mbps internet connection with wifi, and 2 hours UPS back up so that the students and faculty are convenient.
- B. Com.(Hons)
- B. Com.(Computers)
- B. Com.(General)
- B. Sc.(Mathematics, Statistics and Computer science)
- B. B. A
- B. Com
- M. Com
6-1-91, Adj.Telephone Bhavan, Khairatabad, Hyderabad-500004, Telangana State.
4) St. Francis College for Women
It is a catholic minority institution which was established in 1959. The Sisters of Charity of St. Bartolomea Capitanio and St. Vincenza Gerosa found this institution to provide education to the women. The teachings of Jesus Christ are the inspiration to the college. Being a minority institution, it reserves is inherent constitutional right, Article 30 for itself regarding the management and administration. According to India Today magazine, this the best college for Arts, Commerce, and Science in Hyderabad. The Consulate General of the United States, Hyderabad in the year 2013 set up an American Corner Library in order to provide access to materials and conversations related to the aspects of life and culture in the United States and nurture an Indo-US partnership.
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Computer applications and IT
- Management and Business administration
- Media, Mass Communication and Journalism
- Medicine and Allied sciences
- Smitha Sabharwal (IAS officer)
- Tejdeep Kaur Menon (IAS officer)
- Lakshmi Manchu (Actor)
6, Uma Nagar, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Telangana, 500016, India
5) St. Anns college for women
This college was established in 1981 and is located in 4 acres of land in Santhosh Nagar Colony, Mehdipatnam. This was found by Smt. Thatipatri Gnanamma who dedicated her life to enlighten and educate poor young girls. Affiliated to Osmania University, on 17 October 2006, the special committee related to the National Assessment and Accreditation Council by the recommendation from the already formed Peer Team gave St. Ann’s College for women accreditation at the ‘A’ Level. This college has been achieving University ranks and distinctions from the time it has been started. Apart from the gold medals of Osmania University, the college has instituted gold medals for the top rankers in B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com. Silver medals for proficiency in each subject every year are also awarded to the women by the St. Ann’s College.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Computer Applications and IT
- Management and Business Administration
- P. V. Sindhu
- Saina Nehwal
- Gadde Ruthvika Shivani
12-2-823/A/45, St Ann’s Rd, Santosh Nagar, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad, Telangana 500028.
Phone: 040 – 2351 3020
6) St. Joseph’s Degree and PG college
This college was established in the year 1997. It is a co-education Catholic Christian Minority Institution. It is under his grace most Rev. Thumma Bala, Archbishop of Hyderabad that this college functions. This college is a 2-acre Wi-Fi campus with state-of-the-art infrastructure. This college is an autonomous college, re-Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council with ‘A’ Grade for its distinctive educational environment, human values, and social commitment.
It was re-accredited by NAAC ‘A’ grade in the year 2014 and autonomous status was renewed in the year 2017. As a self-financed college, it offers 14 UG programs and 2 PG programs.
- B. Com (General)
- B. Com (Computers)
- B. Com (Honors)
- B. Com (Professionals)
- B. Com (IT)
- B. Com (IFA)
- BBA (IT)
- BBA (BA)
- B. Sc (MECs)
- B. Sc (MPCs)
- B. Sc (MSCs)
- B.A (MCJ)
- B.A (JPE)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Communication & Journalism (MCJ)
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Physics & Electronics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Psychology
- Department of English
- Department of Second Languages
5-9-1106, King Koti Rd, Shergate, Gun Foundry, Koti, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029
Phone: 91 – 40 – 23234860 / 23231769 Mobile: +91 -9348288666 / 9652181320
7) Badruka College of Commerce and Arts
This college was established in the year 1950b by its founder, Raja Bankatla Badruka. It was initially managed by the trustees of the Seth Gopikishan Educational and Charitable Trust. Around 200 companies visit this campus every year. Hundreds of students get selected every year through on-campus interviews in this college. Many other companies that come here are Amazon, Infosys, Berger, ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Bajaj Finserv, Reliance communications, Cognizant, Deloitte, Accenture, ADP, Virtusa, Infosys, Wells Forgo etc.
- Master of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (General)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Computers)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Badruka Campus, Kachiguda Station Road, Mahalaxmi Nilayam, Kachiguda, Hyderabad, Telangana 500027.
8) A.V. College of Arts, Science and Commerce
This college was established in the year 1944 by its founder, Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy, former Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. This college is located on a 7.13-acre (2.89 ha) campus and is widely known for its emphasis on sports and games.
- Psychology department
- Biotechnology department
- Business Administration department
- Chemistry department
- Computer Science department
- Mathematics department
- Physics department
- Telugu department
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com.)
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Raj Kumar, Asian Games medalist.
- Pullela Gopichand, Famous Badminton player.
- Hon’ble Justice Subhash Reddy
Gagan Mahal, Hyderabad – 500029, Telangana, India.
Phone: +91-40-27637751/ +91-40- 27610241, Fax: +91-40- 27610241
9) Aurora’s degree college
This college was started in the year 1989 with departments. Initially, it was located at Habsiguda later shifted to Gandhinagar. Later, the college was shifted to Chikkadpally in the month of December 1992. Various companies like Verizon, Tata consultancy services, Medplus, Amazon, Accenture, Maruti Suzuki, etc.
- Commerce & Management
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Department of Statistics
Under Graduate Courses
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Commerce & Management
Post Graduate Courses
- Masters in Mathematics (M.Sc. Mathematics)
- Master of Statistics (M.Sc. Statistics)
- Master of Computer Science (M.Sc. Computer Science)
- Masters in Microbiology (M.Sc. Microbiology)
- Masters in Chemistry (M.Sc. Organic Chemistry)
- Masters in Biochemistry (M.Sc. Biochemistry)
- Master of Commerce (M Com)
1-2-168/2/A, Street No.12, Bagh Lingampally, Chikkadapally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500020.
Phone: +91-40-27662668/+91 9100000051
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
10) Raja Bahadur Venkata Rama Reddy Women’s College
The Hyderabad Mahila Vidya Sangam, (HMVS) which happens to be a non-profit educational society having a vision of providing education to women especially the ones who are coming from the rural areas, established this college in the year 1954. Autonomous status was conferred on the college in 1989. NAAC re-accredited this college with Grade- B++ and UGC recognized this college as College with Potential for Excellence (CPE). Under Osmania University jurisdiction, the first women’s college to introduce M.B.A. Programme happens to be this college only.
- B. Com
Post Graduate Courses
- MSc (CS)
- M.Sc (Data Science)
- Mrs. Prathiba Bharathi (Ex.Speaker of A.P.state Legislative Assembly)
- Mrs. Sabitha Indra Reddy (Hon. Home Minister, Andhra Pradesh)
- Mrs. Mamatha Anurag (IPS)
- Mrs. Mulini Reddy (Arjuna Awardee in volleyball)
- Mrs. Anuradha Nirmal Kumar (National Level Cricketer)
- Mrs. Manjula Nirmal Kumar (International Level Cricketer)
3-4-527, Narayanaguda, Hyderabad, T.S INDIA
Phone:+040-27564660, 27551026, 27564296
Web Trainings Academy is one of the top institutes for digital marketing in Hyderabad. Degree Students can pursue a digital marketing course to build a career in this field. Digital Marketing is one of the fastest growing industry with many opportunities for Under graduates & Graduates.